Monday, July 27, 2009

Update Lenscrafters

I received calls from both the store manager and a regional manager basically stating that they want to offer me a 10% discount. From what I was shown on their computer, my insurance company would pay them around $600 for their part. So, the price I was originally quoted for my glasses was $277.00, the new amount that was quoted was around $500.00, so I would get a $50.00 discount, give or take a few dollars????? That still isn't no where close to the amount quoted. That was an insult. I'm still not satisfied. It is a shame that I have to go through this with you. My portion should really be free for all the trouble this has caused and you still would be paid through the insurance company. They also wanted me to choose something cheaper. (Like now I would really purchase ANYTHING from them. The bottom line was the fact that they were not going to eat the difference in what was quoted to me and to actual cost. But....now get this....they really want to work with me and really appreciate the fact that we have EyeMed and that AT&T employees now have EyeMed and they would LOVE to have all of our business. I think I will also post this on the Union site so other employees will know what kind of "customer service" they can expect from them.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE:
    Better Business Bureau:

    I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID 7936602, and have determined that this does not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.

    [To assist us in bringing this matter to a close, we would like to know your view on the matter.]


    I received calls from both the store manager and a regional manager basically stating that they want to offer me a 10% discount. From what I was shown on their computer the last time I was at their store, my insurance company would pay them around $600.00 for their part. So, the price I was originally quoted for my glasses was $277.00, the new amount that was quoted was around $500.00, so I would get a $50.00 discount (10%), give or take a few dollars????? That still isn't anywhere close to the $277.00 amount quoted. That was an insult. I'm still not satisfied. It is a shame that I have to go through this with you. My portion should really be free for all the trouble this has caused and you still would be paid through the insurance company. They also wanted me to choose something cheaper; a product that he stated was "just like" what I wanted, but without the brand name. If it is a product that is "just like it" without the name, doesn't that mean it really isn't the same product??? Which also means that the warranties and other features of said product would not be the same as well. The bottom line was the fact that they were not going to honor the price they quoted to me. They are not going to lose money. The regional manager stated that the difference was "too much" but....now get this....they really want to work with me and really appreciate the fact that we have EyeMed and that AT&T employees nationwide now have EyeMed instead of VSP and they would LOVE to have all of our business. I have been talking to some of the other union members about this incident and I'm getting some interesting information. In this day and time of "choices" of where consumers can spend their money, companies going bankrupt, more consumers buying on the internet-even for prescription glasses, you would think that retailers would be just a bit more consumer friendly and price competitive.

    August 5, 2009



    Better Business Bureau

    Attn: Stephanie Barker

    sbarker@cincinnati.bbb.org



    Re: Rosalyn Newman



    Dear Ms. Barker:



    We are in receipt of Ms. Newman’s complaint filed with your office. Luxottica Retail’s vision is to provide legendary customer service. We’re sorry Ms. Newman feels we fell short of our goal and is dissatisfied with the service provided by LensCrafters located at the Parks in Arlington, Texas.



    Ms. Newman states she feels misled with the pricing of her eyewear.



    We sincerely apologize for any frustration that Ms. Newman has experienced with this situation. Feedback from our customers is appreciated.



    It is my understanding that Mr. Mitchell Mizell, Regional Quality Coordinator, contacted Ms. Newman with a personal apology and explanation. Mr. Mizell, has offered an extra 10% off her total, after her insurance plan discount. Mr. Mizell feels she was happy with the conversation.



    In light of the above, we feel this matter has been satisfactorily resolved. Thank you for contacting Luxottica Retail.



    Sincerely,





    Melissa Horn



    Regards,

    Rosalyn Newman

    ReplyDelete